Sunday 6 September 2009

What's in a Geocaching name?

My geocaching name started off as somthing where we put our initials together which at the time was JACK. I was trying to think of something which went well with JACK and ended up coming up with Leprechaun.

I think it represents us quite well really as Leprechauns are known for being very mischievous, quick witted little elves. He is also known to carry 2 pouches one with a silver coin and 1 with a gold coin. A little bit like us with our caching bags, 1 full of swaps and the other one for geocoins and TB's. Leprechauns also like to avoid being caught, which is also true for us...we don't like being caught by muggles and will use our quick wittedness to try and blag our way out of a situation.


Leprechaun also means small body and yeah thats us as well. I have barely made it to 5ft tall and am often referred to as munchkin or shorty and I'm sure my kids aren't going to be giants either.

None of us are cobblers though but hey...I have one hell of a liking for shoes and my wardrobe just isn't big enough to house my collection.

So all in all, we are pretty like a leprechaun so a perfect name for us really.

It would be lovely to find out what's in your name, how did you come up with it and does it have any special meaning to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment