Thursday 3 September 2009

Caching Curtailed...but only slightly!!!!

Well today see's me back in work for my second day after having 8 weeks off work. I'm not going to go into details of the reason why I have been off for that long but needless to say, I wasn't on Annual Leave.

The last 8 weeks have been pretty tough but one of the thing's that has got me back on track has been the trips out caching. I have to say, I don't feel at all guilty for all the caching that I have done lately (around 500) especially when I can put it down to .... "Doctor's orders".  She did tell me that exercise is good for me and that I must do the things that I enjoy doing. So that's caching. I have been out on long walks but they have all been arranged around the amount of caches in a particular area. I've also got back into cycling and have done trails with caches on....all good for your health.

But now what am I going to do without being able to cache all week. Well one thing I have learnt is the importance of a really good work/life balance. I've made lots of changes so if I want to cache after work, then the washing up can wait and there is still the weekends. The kids have also got a new found interest in caching after I got them their own swap bags, so now its no longer...."do we have to mummy?" to .."Yeah OK...now where did I put my swap bag"? But then theres always every other weekend when they are with their Dad. So I get to do "Long haul caching" and stay up late!!!

So, would you say that I was obsessed with caching....well so what if I am!!! I'm fit, I'm healthy and I'm happy, and if thats what caching does to you, then who am I to argue!

No comments:

Post a Comment