Tuesday 29 September 2009

Graffiti Art



GC1FPRV - Banksy woz 'ere




This was the second cache that we had completed in London after getting off the train at Waterloo. As we had come from the sidetracked cache we had to walk through this tunnel to the GZ. I must admit, I didn't know what to expect apart from a horrible dingy tunnel under the tracks. Imagine our surprise when we went through the most colourful place ever imagined. The art on the wall was absolutely amazing and obvious that a lot of time and effort had gone into creating it. I must admit that I would much rather have art adorning walls than the usual spray painted names scrawled everywhere and I'm pleased that there is a specific place for graffiti artists to show off their art. Maybe all towns and cities should adopt this principle although I'm sure that many wouldn't share this view and would say that it cost the tax payer millions to get rid of the rubbish. Maybe take a look at the photos below and you decide. I wish I had taken more photos of it as this is only a tiny part of the tunnel.






Spray Paint city

The cache itself was out of the tunnel and was quite an easy find. Whilst we were signing the log, Kyla shouts that there was a mouse, we all jumped and looked and within 10 feet there was the cutest little field mouse ever. What a strange sight though, A field mouse in a city surrounded by concrete rather than grass and hedges. Poor little devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment