Thursday 6 August 2009

My Caching Companion




My wonderful working Blue Roan Cocker Spaniel SPROCKET. Pedigree name Warburton's St Louis born on the 22/06/08.

Sprocket loves going caching especially as the team that I cache with, The Bignall Boppers who are also my parents have 2 Cocker Spaniels of their own from the same family. Little Sinders is Sprocket's sister and Harley who is 2 weeks older is their half brother.

All 3 enjoy nothing more than a really good walk and love leaping though long grass, jumping on and off rocks and swimming in rivers and streams. Yes they may get us absolutely filthy and often in knots but it just wouldn't be the same caching without them.

I vowed I would never get another dog as I have often felt tied in the past by not being able to go to certain places but I had my mind changed on a local walk. We had decided to do a couple of local caches when we first started and were minding our own business on a quiet lane when a huge dog came bounding out of a local yard. We didn't know what to expect especially when its a huge Rottweiler however he turned out to be about 9 months old and the friendliest thing you have ever come across. Apparantly he was supposed to be training as a guard dog. We tried to take him back but he kept running out with us and eventually followed us all the way on our 5 mile walk. We had a great time with him and he was absolutely hilarious. He was also really well behaved and considering we didn't know his name and had no lead, he obeyed our commands. At the end of the walk we put him in the back of our truck and took him home. I wish I hadn't bothered really as one of the workmen shut him in a barn...you should have heard him cry, it was awful. If I wasn't such an honest person, I would now be the proud owner of a really really huge friendly rotty.

But now I have my Sprocket...my little boy who is asleep on my bed by the side of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment