Tuesday 18 August 2009

Killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Geocaching and Trigpointing

Moor Top Staffordshire Moorlands





Its funny, the more you get into the websites, the more you find. It's absolutely amazing what you can find out there and what we drive past everyday without even noticing.

On this occasion I had been looking at the trigpointing site and as we were heading towards Dovedale we decided to pay this site a visit. Not only could I log my visit on Trigpointing but also the trig had been featured on the YOSM on Geocaching. So we were able to log a virtual cache as well. Unfortunately as we pulled up at the location, it started to rain. Just typical really as on a good day I would expect the view to be stunning, overlooking the Roaches and Leek. But today, all we got was low cloud.

Looking into the other site waymarking. I managed to find one that I had visited whilst completing an Earth Cache back in July. So my planning for a day trip out has gone from looking for geocaches, to looking for Geocaches, Waymarks and Trigpoints. How much more time do you think I'll spend planning eh....OMG loads!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment