Thursday 30 July 2009

Etruria Industrial Museum

Yay managed to get out and do a geocache even though the rain has struck us again.

With the girls at their Grandparents I went off to a morning appointment and on getting back I just managed to be in time for them to be going off to get a cache. So in the car I jumped...will we get first to find I wonder....I doubted it as the cache had been published a while before.

We arrived at the location and luckily the car park was quiet. Thats the problem with urban caches, there's always a chance that you won't be able to hunt for the container as doing so would put it at risk.

Surprisingly the gps was pointing us away from the museum and out onto the main road which was a shame as I've never visited it before despite being on my doorstep. Maybe thats a trip for another day. The cache find was quite an easy one really, hidden on a metal archway and unless you actually know what you are looking for, it would never be found by accident. Generally I'm not a fan of these hides, little magnetic nano containers that are the size of your fingernail and only containing a tiny log, just big enough to put the date and your initials. I much prefer a nice long hike across the moors or in the open countryside with nice big containers to find...but hey you can't have it all ways and these are good for the numbers.

But as a walker.....its not all about the numbers!!!!!! Or is it?????

No comments:

Post a Comment