Sunday 4 October 2009

Is Autumn finally here??

After we had attended the Derbyshire Crafty Cachers meet at Hartington in Derbyshire, we trotted off to complete a few of the local caches. Some were still awaiting publication but others had been on our to do list for quite sometime. A couple of the caches were in Beresford Dale. We had walked this a few years previously and I recognised the area immediately, more than likely because the river had burst its banks and we had to wade through a field which was under water to continue our walk along to Milldale. I really love this area and although it gets so busy in the summer months, the autumn days seem to be strictly for serious walkers only and is really peaceful. I think I was more interested in taking photos today rather than the caching as I was trying out new settings on the DSLR. The colours are so striking in Autumn, I was hoping to recapture this in picture and I think I finally succeeded today.









Beresford Dale in the Peak District

So with masses of images taken on the camera and a few caches bagged today turned out to be a really successful day for me. Certainly for me its not all about the numbers anymore, although having a few high number days really does make you feel good, but this is what caching is all about. I love it


No comments:

Post a Comment